Get a Bike
There's more than one way to get yourself a bike at The Bike
Buy a bike: Nicely Repaired Bikes
Ready-to-Ride: Stop by and see our showroom of lovingly repaired
used bikes – checked, cleaned, and ready to ride home.
- Repaired bikes are available for sale during our staffed shop
hours, year 'round.
- Ready-to-ride bikes start at $70, with most available for
less than $200.
- A one-year Bike Project membership is included with bike
- All members receive big discounts on parts and accesories like baskets
and fenders, as well as access to our shops, tools, and workstands..
- More bikes become available all the time (from our rotating
stock of 100 or so non-repaired bikes), as Bike Project staffers repair them
Build-a-Bike: your labor, your savings
For lower prices, a broader selection of bikes, and more customization, consider joining as a member, then take advanage of Build-a-Bike:
- Become a member of the co-op
- Pick an unrepaired used bike to salvage, prices start at $10
- Buy parts (if needed) at our very-low member prices.
on the bike in our shop (members have 20 to 50 hours per week shop access)
- Keep your incomplete bike in our storage area between visits.
your bike, find someone to double-check your work, and ride away!
- Custom builds – including fixed gear builds – encouraged. (Go ahead, you
know it's time to make a fixie!)
Bikes may be paid for with cash, credit/debit card, or local check (w/